The Teen Shelter provides an emergency shelter for teens, both male and female for up to 21 days. These young people could be:
- A Runaway: Absent from home without permission of parent(s) or legal guardian(s).
- Homeless: Have no shelter or need the services of a shelter for supervision or care.
- A Push Out: Forced out of the home by parent(s) or guardian(s) resulting in homelessness.
- Crisis Intervention: A cooling off period outside the home.
Not all youth are seeking shelter. The Teen Center is for young people just trying to find a place to spend a few hours. Teens drop in after school, get help with their homework, stay for dinner, and participate in nightly group discussion dealing with issues pertaining to their age group.
At times, these young people are looking for someone to talk to or the opportunity to meet with other teens in a safe environment.
Whether a teen needs the services for a few hours, a few days, or a few weeks, we are here to meet the needs of our youth 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Emergency shelter for males & females
- Runaway prevention services
- Drop-in services
- Individual, group & family counseling
- Help finding appropriate living arrangements
- Referrals to local resources
- Life skills education and training
- Follow-up services
- After care home visits