If you answer “yes” to even one of the following questions, let us talk and see what Men Helping Men can do for you.
- Find your anger causes problems in your relationship?
- Hit, slap, beat, kick, punch, burn or strangle your partner or children?
- Use a gun, knife or baseball bat to get what you want from your partner or children?
- Keep your partner or children away from family and friends?
- Tell your partner “How it is” or “How it will be”?
- Call other people names all the time?
- Demand sex no matter what?
- Control the money or keep your partner from having a job?
- Tell your partner or children you will hurt them or yourself if they talk about what is going on?
- Have a Protection From Abuse order (PFA) against you?
How Does Men Helping Men Work?
Men Helping Men meets once a week for 16 weeks. Each session lasts for two hours, talking about:
- How abuse affects all family members.
- How personal beliefs about power and control can lead to abuse.
- How to be responsible for your own actions.
- How to handle anger and conflict without being abusive.
- How feelings can be expressed in more healthy ways.
- How to manage stress.
- How drugs and alcohol affect behavior and can lead to personal and family problems.
What Is The Cost?
The fee depends on your financial situation. This program is not paid for by court fines
How Can I Join Men Helping Men
If you would like to join this program, you must first call the Intake Worker to register. For more information call 814-944-3583, Monday-Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.